Saturday, June 8, 2013

Star Wars™ MINILAND at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center

This weekend a new attractions opens at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth: The new Star Wars™ MINILAND Model Display Episode IV.

Never did I think I would know this much about Lego OR Star Wars...ever!
But as a mom of boys, I have grown to at least like Star Wars.  
Well, episodes 4,5 and 6, anyway. 
A little.

Today we went early to check out the new display, and we were greeted by several Stormtroopers, Queen Amidala, Asajj Ventress, and couple Jedi Knights.   This was exciting even for me - I thought the Stormtroopers were really cool.  They were able to talk to us with that same electronic voice that they have in the movie, and actually they were pretty funny.  Perhaps I have crossed over to the dark and nerdy side just a little?  
Possibly.


So the new attraction, in my opinion, is a very nice addition to LEGOLAND® Discovery Center.  Is it worth a special trip just to see it?  Probably not.  

The Episode IV Model is impressive, but with their track record of quality, Lego has driven our expectations sky high.  ThStar Wars™ room was much smaller than I expected.  There are impressive displays in there, but just not as many as I had hoped.  The Cantina scene was probably my favorite, and I also liked the representation of the scene where Obi-Wan says " these are not the droids you're looking for..."  
Oh no, I feel my dark and nerdy side may be showing again.

Worth a special trip? I think not, unless you go this weekend and have the opportunity to interact with the Star Wars™ characters.  As you can see in the photos below, we arrived  earlier than the average visitor on Saturday morning, so the Stormtroopers were enjoying building and racing Lego cars with my kids.  Just Priceless!!



And speaking of prices, 
Here are the current ticket prices:      
TypeWalk-up price (+ tax)Online price (+ tax)
Child (0-2)$free
Child (3-12)$15.00
Adult (13+)$19.00

Watch for specials on Annual Passes.  We purchased ours in November 2012 for $100.00 plus tax for a family 4-pack.  Now that is a great deal!  It will expire in November 2013.  I'll keep you posted when deals on annual passes arise again.  

It is such a great place for kids and families to invest their free time!




No comments:

Post a Comment